What's wrong with most modern shoes?
Modern shoes don't allow your feet to move naturally and can be a major cause of foot, knee, and back pain. They have:
- Narrow toe boxes → squeeze your toes
- Elevated heels → misalign your body
- Thick cushioning → reduce ground feeling
- Arch support → acts as a crutch and prevents you from using your feet muscles
All these features misalign & weaken your feet which can lead to problems in your feet and further up your body.
What are Barefoot shoes?
Barefoot shoes are minimalist shoes that allow your feet to move as if you were barefoot (as nature intended). They have:
- Wide toe boxes with space for all toes
- No arch support so you actually have to use your foot muscles
- Zero drop soles so your gait isn’t messed up and body stays aligned
- Thin & flexible soles so you can feel the ground
Transitioning to barefoot shoes can take time as your feet have to regain strength they've lost after not using them properly for many years.
Benefits of wearing Barefoot shoes?
- Stronger feet
- Less prone to injury
- More flexible
- More comfort
- Better balance
- Ground feeling gives you stronger connection to Earth
Think what we’re saying is BS? Here are some questions you can ask yourself to reconsider your view.
- Why are we the only animals on the Earth that “need” shoes?
- If modern running shoes were invented recently, how did our ancestors survive for thousands of years without them considering they had to run much further than we do today (to hunt)?
- Why do millions of people around the world wear and swear by barefoot shoes?
But as always, don’t trust us and do your own research.