“The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art.” - Leonardo Da Vinci
What's wrong with most modern shoes?
Modern shoes can be a major cause of foot, knee, and back pain.
Most modern shoes have:
- Narrow toe boxes -> squeeze your toes
- Arch support -> prevent you from using your feet muscles
- Elevated heels -> misalign your body
- Thick cushioning -> reduce ground feeling
All these features misalign & weaken your feet which can lead to problems further up your body as your feet are the foundation of your body.
What are Barefoot shoes?
Barefoot shoes are minimal shoes that allow your feet to move as nature intended.
- Wide toe boxes (space for all toes)
- No arch support so you actually have to use your foot muscles
- Zero drop sole so your gait isn’t messed up and body stays aligned
- Thin & flexible sole so you can feel the ground
Transitioning to barefoot shoes can take time as your feet have to regain strength after not properly using them for many years. However going barefoot is an investment you will be rewarded for the rest of your life.
Benefits of wearing Barefoot shoes?
- Less prone to injury
- More flexible
- Stronger feet
- More comfort
- Better balance
- Ground feeling gives you stronger connection to Earth
Think what we’re saying is BS? Here are some questions you can ask yourself to reconsider your view.
- Why are we the only animals on the Earth that “need” shoes?
- If modern running shoes were invented recently, how did our ancestors survive for thousands of years without them considering that had to run much further than we do today?
- Why do millions of people around the world wear and swear by barefoot shoes?
As always, don’t trust us and do your own research.